Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fiel Level Security

I have a form in an Access front-end that is fed by a SQL View. Update
security on the View is done on the SQL side.
The Question is how can I restrict (blank or hide) fields on the form based
on the users security access?
How do I read if the user has access to a specific field?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.Berny,
Check the Permissions() function in SQL Books OnLine, I think this is what
you need.
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
Solid Quality Learning
More than just Training
www.SolidQualityLearning.com
"Berny" <BlancoB at msn Dot com> wrote in message
news:#T49zIv3DHA.3656@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
quote:

> I have a form in an Access front-end that is fed by a SQL View. Update
> security on the View is done on the SQL side.
> The Question is how can I restrict (blank or hide) fields on the form

based
quote:

> on the users security access?
> How do I read if the user has access to a specific field?
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment