Thursday, March 29, 2012

field in the footer

Hello,

I am developing a statement for a dental practice. What I need to do is to list all the charges related to the patient and list patient name at the button of page so that she/he can tear it and return that part with the payment.

So I created a group based on patient name, and listed charges in the detail, now I need to list patient name at the footer but it says I can not use the field in the footer. How can I do this?

Ok. I used ReportItems!...
|||Yes it is one of the drawbacks with RS. We had to put copuright notes and some parameter values in the footer and couldnt do it due to the issue you stated. We eventually ended up moving eveything into the table footer in the body section of the RS. Thats the only workaround.|||I've just started using RS and this is one of the first things I've come across.
The one way to get around this is to create some fields in the body, and put your desired values in them. (I make the fields super small and invisible).
In the footer, you can reference the values in these fields.
So all in all, you get what you want, but it is a hacky way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment