Thursday, March 29, 2012

Field Selection

I'm pretty new to Crystal and I'm stumped at the following issue:

I need to select a sub-set of a dataset. In this case I need to select fields with a status of "Requested", from a list of fields that include "Accepted", "Requested", "Declined". This part is easy, but it gets complicated (for me):

Then I have to use those fields filtered by "Requested" to find, within the last 180 days, if any clients have "Accepted" and/or "Requested" and/or "Declined" (i.e. status = any).

This is a two staged selection process, and I'm fine with the code for the 180 days selection. It almost seems to be a contradiction in that I need to filter by "Requested" in the first intance, and in the second I need to then show returns (for all Status types), but the initial filter means I can not do this.

Another way of looking at it is:

1. I want to select X1 from X(1,2,3,4,5), then
2. I want to use X1 to determine if there have been cases of X(1,2,3,4,5) in the last 6 months.

Any help is muchly appreciated.

Cheers.

Mat.any ideas? I'm desperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment