Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Field Error

I am getting the following error:
The group expression for the list â'Titleâ' refers to the field â'Title.
Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current data set
scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified data set scope.
When I reference the stored procedure in my report, I do not get a field
list. I believe it is because I am trying to build a report that references a
stored procedure using dynamic sql, and I am told that it has to be dynamic
sql by the DBA.
If I am correct in this, question I have is how do I build a report
referencing dynamic sql without getting this error? The stored procedure
works and returns a resultset.You need to manually add the fields to your field list. You can do this by
right clicking with your mouse over the field list.
"Wannabe" wrote:
> I am getting the following error:
> The group expression for the list â'Titleâ' refers to the field â'Title.
> Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current data set
> scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified data set scope.
> When I reference the stored procedure in my report, I do not get a field
> list. I believe it is because I am trying to build a report that references a
> stored procedure using dynamic sql, and I am told that it has to be dynamic
> sql by the DBA.
> If I am correct in this, question I have is how do I build a report
> referencing dynamic sql without getting this error? The stored procedure
> works and returns a resultset.
>|||That was easy!!! Thanks a lot...I never would have found that.
"Mike Collins" wrote:
> You need to manually add the fields to your field list. You can do this by
> right clicking with your mouse over the field list.
> "Wannabe" wrote:
> > I am getting the following error:
> >
> > The group expression for the list â'Titleâ' refers to the field â'Title.
> > Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current data set
> > scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified data set scope.
> >
> > When I reference the stored procedure in my report, I do not get a field
> > list. I believe it is because I am trying to build a report that references a
> > stored procedure using dynamic sql, and I am told that it has to be dynamic
> > sql by the DBA.
> >
> > If I am correct in this, question I have is how do I build a report
> > referencing dynamic sql without getting this error? The stored procedure
> > works and returns a resultset.
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment