Tuesday, March 27, 2012

field Compatable with uniqueidentifier (GUID)

hi there Guys!
I am looking for some field, which is compatable with GUID or maybe
some function which converts a CHAR/VARCHAR/INT to uniqueidentifier
(GUID) ?
Any suggestions?Hi
You cannot convert directly a value as CHAR(n)/VARCHAR(n) as
DECLARE @.str VARCHAR(1)
SET @.str = 'V'
SELECT CAST(@.str as UNIQUEIDENTIFIER)
What do you try to accomplish?
"hack_tick" <sharma.vasudev@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1131530112.619103.39140@.z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> hi there Guys!
> I am looking for some field, which is compatable with GUID or maybe
> some function which converts a CHAR/VARCHAR/INT to uniqueidentifier
> (GUID) ?
> Any suggestions?
>|||Thankyou for the Reply, currently I want to add some dozens of Test
data, which are reference across using GUID as the foreign Key, in
order for me to have the foreign key in other table I was looking for
someway to have my own simple GUID so that i can remember what i did :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment