Thursday, March 29, 2012

field missing in Crystal Enterprise

I've got a report that runs from Crystal 10 just fine and the field shows up, but the field is missing when the report is run from Crystal Enterprise. All other fields show up just fine.

Information that may be important or not: I'm retrieving data from a SQL Server 2000 database Previously, I was getting a "failed to create rowset" error and the report wouldn't run at all. I narrowed the problem to the "Solution" field. Once I changed the driver* in the database connection, the report ran but the Solution field didn't show up. It's the longest field in the report and the only field in the report over 255 characters, if that means anything.

*I think I changed it from OLE DB to ODBC, but it could have been the other way around or totally different. Someone who's been here more than 3 weeks talked me through it.

Edit: I've tried Cstr({Solution}) and even Left(Cstr({Solution}), 20)Strangely, removing the Select Distinct Records option fixed it. To solve the resulting duplicate records problem, suppressed every result where the "ticket number" equaled the previous number. I think the report takes longer to run now.

No comments:

Post a Comment